Digitalisation, innovation, sustainable mining operations, and decarbonisation, are set to continue to be a top priority for the mining industry globally. Pushed by various factors such as stricter safety requirements, higher production efficiency and cost-saving targets, cybersecurity, supply, and value chain disruptions, ambitious decarbonisation targets, pressure from local communities and investors, and much more.
Tackling these challenges and commitments requires significant collaboration initiatives across the industry. The key focus should be on bridging technologies, processes, and people. The mission of the Digitalisation in Mining conferences organised by the Mining Innovation Network is to offer a platform and a place where the industry can meet and discuss the best way to innovate, bridge technologies, processes, and people together, and move the industry forward.
Mining Innovation Network and the team behind the Digitalisation in Mining conferences that include Australia, Europe, North America, and Latin America, are proud to bring you the inaugural Digitalisation in Mining Africa taking place for the first time in Johannesburg, South Africa, on May 14-15, 2024.
Across the three dedicated tracks, Artificial Intelligence & Data in Mining, Robotics & Automation in Mining, and ESG Tech in Mining, attendees will gain access to key sessions addressing:
- Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, and Data
- Cybersecurity, Infrastructure Protection and Connectivity
- Automation and Remote Mining Operations
- Robotics and Machinery Innovation
- Efficiency Across the Mining Value Chain
- Electrification of Mine Equipment
- Decarbonisation and Technologies for a Net Zero future
- Mine Design and Predictive Maintenance
- Sustainable and Safe Mining Operations
3 FEATURED TRACKS
Artificial Intelligence & Data in Mining
The Artificial Intelligence and data session will highlight the importance of artificial intelligence (AI), machine learning, and data for the mining industry - including helping companies with mineral exploration, site selection, sorting, transportation, operations, value chain management,increased safety, and much more.
The session will include strategic insights, case studies, technology spotlights, and panels. In addition, it will take a deep dive into application areas and explain the benefits of machine learning for your business, new technologies and innovation available, and much more.
Robotics & Automation in Mining
Robotics and Automation in the mining sector are crucial to reducing costs, saving time, and increasing productivity, safety and operational efficiency.
It is, without a doubt, a key ingredient in the digital transformation of the mining industry across all regions.
The robotics and automation session is an opportunity to hear real-life case studies, strategic insights, and all the latest innovation.
ESG Tech in Mining
The right technology and innovation can help a company improve energy consumption, waste management, water efficiency, and sustainable operations, attract investors, reduce costs, build customer loyalty, and much more.
This session will bring you all you need to know about the various ESG technologies through case studies, panel discussions, and strategic insights. Topics include electrification, alternative fuel solutions, mine closure planning, decarbonisation, carbon tracking and reporting, and much more.
8 Reasons to Attend:
- Discover what’s new in ESG, Sustainability, Electrification, Robotics, Automation, Machine Learning, Data and Artificial Intelligence
- Meet and connect with new and existing industry colleagues and build strategic partnerships to capitalise on new opportunities
- Network with some of the most important names in our industry, including Nutrien, Teck, Vale, Rio Tinto, New Gold, AVEVA, De Beers, and others
- Understand what your organisation can do to reach the very ambitious decarbonisation and sustainability targets
- Learn about new technologies, innovations and business approaches to boost efficiency, reduce operational costs and improve safety
- Explore the exhibition floor and learn about the latest technologies and solutions
- Be part of the discussion and debate with like-minded individuals about the future of the industry
- Hear from Ministers, VPs, Directors, Leads, Managers, Analysts, Advisors, Principals, and Partners about current challenges and how to tackle them
HIGHLIGHTS OF OUR 2023 EVENTS
We are thrilled to partner with Brella, an award-winning networking tool that allows you to schedule one-on-one meetings with the most relevant attendees at Digitalisation in Mining Africa Conference.
Click here for more information